I think that the Dakotas should replace San Francisco in that song about wearing flowers in your hair; we covered both North and South - drove through Oakes, Ashley, Pierre - and were unable to find a town over 1200. Dan grew up in a town of 500 and feels at home, but I can barely relate: we were able to walk into a closed library and highschool, no locks on the doors, and all the while I'm careful to lock my car wherever we stop.
Lunch in Ashley at Pepi's Parlor - always welcome, but always a foreigner.
Stopped by a petrified wood museum and made it to the Badlands by sunset - truly took my breath away. Also, I'm 19 and lucky to see so many places that other Americans haven't, yet I feel like we see more foreign tourists than Americans. Camped for the night in the Badlands (without making them worse) then woke up at 5:30 to see them at sunrise.
Tom Petty - Into The Great Wide Open
Lunch in Ashley at Pepi's Parlor - always welcome, but always a foreigner.
Stopped by a petrified wood museum and made it to the Badlands by sunset - truly took my breath away. Also, I'm 19 and lucky to see so many places that other Americans haven't, yet I feel like we see more foreign tourists than Americans. Camped for the night in the Badlands (without making them worse) then woke up at 5:30 to see them at sunrise.
Tom Petty - Into The Great Wide Open
No comments:
Post a Comment